Since 2005 there has been an accelerated growth in the development of industrial parks in Mexico; by 2018 it represented a 20% increase, this has positively impacted the economy of the region generating new alternatives in the business sector. Currently, Mexico has more than 700 industrial parks, creating 1.5 million direct jobs for its inhabitants; metal-mechanical, automotive, telecommunications and aeronautical companies are the main sectors that have contributed with the economic reactivation. Mexico is considered the country with the greatest industrial progress in Latin America.
Reasons to have a presence in industrial parks
In 2018, more than 50% of industrial parks were located in northern regions of Mexico and the rest in other entities of the country. The Bajio area has been strengthened with the construction of industrial lots, large companies can meet their needs and those of their customers, because they have the best infrastructure, quality services, strategic location, attraction of investors and environmental protection.
1. Human Capital: national and transnational companies in the industrial sector have qualified labor, with professionals in different areas, and organizations strive to provide their staff with attractive benefits to retain talent and ensure that they have adequate working conditions.
2. Infrastructure: large companies consider relocating their plants to industrial land, in order to have an opportunity for industrial development, because they realize that they do not have the capacity to continue expanding in the area where they started their operations. The SMEs did not visualize in the future that they would have an accelerated growth, most of the factories started in smaller facilities and in sectors not suitable for industrial progress, causing consequences in the logistics area, as well as inconveniences with neighbors of the urbanizations.
Installing a plant in an industrial park is to have a world-class infrastructure, it has as a benefit the expansion of the company’s facilities with great equipment and optimization of resources.
3. Services: industrial parks guarantee investors and large companies all the amenities of electricity, roads, water, natural gas, transportation, parking for their employees, telecommunications, security system and 24/7 surveillance.
4. Strategic location: in order to maintain order in the city without affecting urban planning, the industrial lands in Bajío are located in areas destined for the industrial sector and these have easy access to the main airports and ports, have highways with excellent roads, and are also 9 hours away from the border with the United States, which attracts foreign investment.
5. Environmental protection: many companies, in order to align their harmony with the environment, make constant efforts to reduce the consumption of water, electricity, and pollutants. In this way, they contribute to the conservation of natural resources.